i saw him again today in his usual jeans and campus shirt.

i hadn't seen him that much in quite a while.
he looked more tired than usual. his scruffy hair pointed in all directions
and his face frowned weary of a nearing hell.
and as he breezed through the classroom door and went straight to an empty chair
he let out an air of what seemed to be a mix of exhaustion and regret
shifting his weight in the other direction and facing towards me
i couldn't help but wish i could tell him that everything was going to be all right.
i had heard about it the other day.
we'd all chosen to be discreet about it.
while i chose to remain hopeful about another year's delay
all the talk and compromise had taken its toll on him.
i don't know why of all people i would care about him.
i could've dumped him and his nonchalance with everything else a long time ago.
but until now i just can't understand the gravity that pulls me to him...
no matter how grey and dusk his colors are somehow there is that unexplainable
wave of emotion that pulls me to invite him in.

my name is willow and this is my story.


*****

when life gives you crap,
you give it back 10 times.
believe me things get too shitty too many times that i'd stop caring long before.
there are things you just have no control of.
you could try to talk your way out of it like a pro
but some people just give you crap for what it's worth.
there are no shortcuts.
if there is one thing i've learned then that's that.
keeping your cool when everybody else is on a chaos
doesn't help much either.
they either think you're too lazy or you're too bossy.
and i can't even try to start explaining myself when i see the chance
because then i'd give them more reason to ignore me.
things haven't been going well my way these days
and i admit i've tipped up a good number of people
for no apparently clear reason
but what the heck.
im tired and this has been going on too long
so what's the point?
things couldn't get possibly worse than this.

my name is sage and this is my story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers