unkept

i have kept my heart for you
on summers, in between day dreams...
on wooden benches and long walks home...

...behind the shades of footsteps and shadows
smudged lipstick marks and mascara...
in mirrors and tissue napkins...
i have always carried a piece of you...

on blank notes and random pages
between spaces in scribbles on sheets
sketches: imperfect, unfinished,
of what nearest image i could have of you...

and on rainy days...
between sips of coffee
in silence and none
but the rhythm of raindrops slicing through my window...
basking even in the warmth
of the day breaking through the last few drops of rain...

it hovers over the long and dismal echoes of my guitar...
the quiet lapses between verses and endings
the pulse between my fingers and the strings
hewn in searching whispers in a song that longs for you...

i have kept my heart for you so secretly...
and sitting on one of my fingers is a proof
glistening between the facets of stone
that bears my very reason for exisence...
to be with you...
i have touched it a million times or more, even now...
if in the near future it could mean my hand touching yours
i will wait...
i will wait and my heart will not tire of you
and that my songs will always sing to you
between pauses and sighs,
love songs and poems,
i will wait...
even if you are but in the distance keeping your heart for someone else
still i will...
for when i sleep my dreams will always carry none but glimpses of you...
and as i wake my memories of them...

i have kept my heart for you...
if not always, in many times of the day
or in the countless quiet hours of the night...
but always, always in solace and hope
of what promise i have kept of you..

this heart...
do as you wish with it...
it will remain yours...
be it taken or unrequited

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers